How did your hair survive Winter 2012? Winter generally leaves our hair lacking moisture and sometimes with a brittle texture. Dry, cold hair is not the friendliest of environments for hair.
So, what do we recommend to help?
Ferro’s 5 Steps to Healthy Hair:
1. If you want to add moisture back to your hair, it is recommended that you avoid shampooing your hair to often. Give your hair follicles a chance to breathe. Try washing your hair every other day or less if if is really dry. By giving your hair a chance to rest, you are allowing it to preserve its natural oils. Use a high quality, moisturizing shampoo.
2. For your final hair rinse, use cool water. This helps to seal the cuticle, and keeps moisture in. When blow drying hair, use a lower heat, and a cool setting as well. The cooler air will create less frizz.
3. Invest in ceramic and ionic hair appliances. Use a hair dryer that has either a ceramic and ionic setting or a combination of both. Use a flat iron of either variety. These types of appliances help seal moisture into hair and give a sleeker finish.
4. Use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair. A typical hair brush can damage your hair and cause breakage. A wide tooth comb is a much safer approach to detangling hair.
5. Drink enough water and be hydrated. Believe it or not, your diet plays a role in the health of your hair. Your hair texture is affected by the amount of fluids you consume. Certain foods including avocado are good for your hair too!