At last night’s Golden Globes, hair stole the show. Celebrities choose to emphasize hair over makeup, as seen by subtle make up styles.
Hair styles ranged from sleek, simple and clean pony tails to extremely teased ones, pixie cuts, sideswept buns, waves, volumized blow-dries. Hairbands were also a popular accessory, like the stunning pieces worn by Charlize Theron and Michelle Williams to accent their gowns.
What is truly noteworthy is that celebrities were staying away from extensions and going for a more natural look with their makeup and embracing looks that complemented their outfits and personalities.
Hairstyles exuded shine and texture and that is something we at Ferro Hair Art certainly know a thing or two about!
A very popular style for the award show was the low, side swept bun. Side swept, and loose, textured, half up/half down updos and stlyes are very popular this season as they are a great way to showcase long hair. These styles accentuate length without taking away its elegance.
The key to making any style look good however, is to have healthy hair. So, how can you achieve healthy hair?
- Use a quality shampoo and conditioner, like those offered by Kerastase or KMS
- Comb your hair in the shower, when it is easier to comb, especially if you have thick hair, or curly hair
- Towel dry your hair before blow drying it
- Use a moisturizing product in your hair to style it
- Use a heat protection styling product every time you blow dry/flat iron
- Use a quality brush that decreases the amount of hair strand breakage
- Switch shampoo every so often
- Give your hair a break from blow drying/heat tools
Ferro Hair Art is located just north of Toronto in Thornhill Ontario. We are an award winning salon that services a vast array of clientele, including celebrities. We offer hair and makeup services.